New - eBook - Clinical Research Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice
- ISBN: 9781558106765
- PUB# 9781558106765
Developed and co-published with the International Association of Clinical Research Nurses
Clinical research nursing focuses on the care of research participants and the protocols of clinical research and trials. The clinical researcher nurse (CRN) balances the needs of the participant and the requirements of research across settings. The result: exceptional, ethical, and safe care that yields reliable, valid data and findings, high quality research outcomes, and, in time, better quality health care.
The premier resource for today’s CRN, Clinical Research Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice is informed by advances in this specialty’s unique body of knowledge: nursing care; research regulations; scientific process; and data collection, analysis, and interpretation. It addresses the CRN practice essentials, from education and certification and professional development to ethics and tenets to practice settings and roles.
Among the other topics covered:
- The five practice domains: Human subjects protection; care coordination and continuity; clinical practice; management of clinical and research activities; and contribution to science and nursing science/practice
- Guiding principles of CRN practice: Safety and self-determination of participants, fidelity to research protocols, compliance with regulations, and research-specific informed consent
- How each of the provisions of the Code of Ethics for Nurses with Interpretive Statements apply to CRN practice
- Trends and issues, including big data, electronic health records, the evidence for practice, minority involvement in clinical research, and the safety of participants, the workplace, and the public.
The seventeen competency-based standards both frame evaluation of practice outcomes and goals and delineate what is expected of all CRNs. Its scope of practice—which establishes the who, what, where, when, why, and how of their practice—is the context for applying these standards.
Clinical Research Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice is a must-have for practicing or aspiring clinical research nurses and a useful resource for allied interprofessional practitioners and stakeholders.
About ANA's Specialty Nursing Standards
Since the late 1990s, ANA has partnered with other nursing organizations to establish a formal process for recognition of specialty areas of nursing practice. This includes the criteria for approving the specialty itself and the scope statement, and an acknowledgment by ANA of the standards of practice for that specialty.
Because of the significant changes in the evolving nursing and healthcare environments, ANA's approval of specialty nursing scope statements and its acknowledgment of specialty standards of practice remain valid for five years, starting from the publication date of the documents.
The standards and some of the scope of practice section in this publication are based on language and concepts from ANA's Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice, Second Edition, a helpful supplement to this specialty text. It is also of optimal use with two complementary ANA texts: Nursing's Social Policy Statement and Guide to the Code of Ethics for Nurses. Together, these three books help guide nursing practice, thinking, and decision-making. The set (Essentials of Nursing Practice Package; PUB# FNDN2015) is proving useful as a professional reference, classroom textbook, in-service training guide, and credentialing exam resource.
ANA Digital Download Policy
The American Nurses Association holds the copyright on all published materials in print and electronic formats. In accessing an eBook from Nursesbooks.org, you have agreed to download the content for individual use only. After you purchase and download this title you:
- Are allowed three days to download the eBook and only one download per book.
- Are entitled to print the ANA eBook in PDF format (PDF) for your own use.
- May not make multiple copies, broadcast, store (in any medium), transmit, display, adapt or modify in any way the content for any other purpose without prior written permission.
- May not lend, sell or give the ANA PDF eBook to another user.
- May not place the ANA ePDF file on a network or a file sharing service for use by anyone other than yourself or allow anyone else to access it.
All eBook purchases are final and non-refundable.
Multi-user Access (site licenses)
If you have questions about these restrictions or need further assistance, please e-mail email@example.com.
About this book:
116 pp., Soft cover
Download: Table of Contents: Clinical Research Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice [PDF]
Member Price: $22.95 | List Price: $27.95