New - eBook - Guide to the Code of Ethics for Nurses with Interpretive Statements: Development, Interpretation, and Application, 2nd Edition
- ISBN: 9781558106049
- PUB# 9781558106049
The “Guide to the Code of Ethics for Nurses with Interpretive Statements: Development, Interpretation, and Application, 2nd Edition” is an essential resource for nursing classrooms, in-service training, workshops and conferences, self-study, and wherever nursing professionals use ANA’s “Code of Ethics for Nurses with Interpretive Statements” in their daily practice. Each chapter of this comprehensively revised text is devoted to a single Code provision, including:
- Key ethical concepts.
- Theories and models of ethical decision-making.
- Historical, professional and societal issues, trends and other influences.
- Each interpretive statement’s contribution to interpreting and applying the provision examples and illustrative cases, based on real situations, to facilitate study and discussion.
- Bibliographic Web links to key national and international documents.
For convenience of reference, the text of ANA’s “Code of Ethics for Nurses with Interpretive Statements” is included as an appendix. This book will challenge each nurse to achieve deeper professional and personal understanding, and will provide a foundation for professional pride.
From the classroom to professional practice, nurses in all roles or settings will find “Guide to the Code of Ethics for Nurses” a powerful tool for learning how to examine and apply the values, duties, ideals, and commitments of their living ethical tradition to their practice.
About the Author
Marsha Fowler, PhD, M.Div., MS, RN, FAAN is Professor of Ethics and Spirituality, Azusa Pacific University. She was a Joseph P. Kennedy, Jr. Fellow in Medical Ethics, Harvard, 1978 and the 1992 recipient of the ANA Honorary Human Rights Award. She has researched and taught ethics since 1973 and is internationally recognized for her work in the history and development of nursing’s ethics, codes of ethics, social ethics, religion and ethics, bioethics, and suffering.
eBook features and functionality: Links from each header in the Table of Contents to its in-text occurrence … Active URLs … Next page/Previous page navigation … Home page is Table of Contents … Fully searchable…
ANA Digital Download Policy
The American Nurses Association (ANA) holds the copyright on all published materials in print and electronic formats. In accessing an eBook from Nursesbooks.org, you have agreed to download the content for individual use only. After you purchase and download this title you:
- Are allowed three days to download the eBook and only one download per book.
- Are entitled to print the ANA eBook PDF for your own use.
- May not make multiple copies, broadcast, store (in any medium), transmit, display, adapt or modify in any way the content for any other purpose without prior written permission.
- May not lend, sell or give the ANA PDF eBook to another user.
- May not place the ANA PDF eBook file on a network or an file sharing service for use by anyone other than yourself or allow anyone else to access it.
All eBook purchases are final and non-refundable.
Multi-user Access (site licenses)
If you have questions about these restrictions or need further assistance, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Book:
252 pp., soft cover
Download: Table of Contents: Guide to the Code of Ethics for Nurses with Interpretive Statements: Development, Interpretation, and Application, 2nd Edition [pdf]
Member Price: $42.95 | List Price: $47.95