New - eBook - Learning IOM/HMD: Implications of the Institute of Medicine and Health & Medicine Division Reports for Nursing Education, 2nd Edition
- ISBN: 9781558106840
- PUB# 9781558106840
This revised companion book to Teaching IOM/HMD: Implications of the Institute of Medicine and Health & Medicine Division Reports for Nursing Education brings the IOM and HMD reports to life for learners. The easy-to-follow guidance helps students and nurses in professional development easily conceptualize how the reports influence and affect modern nursing practice. It introduces the concept of integrating the IOM and HMD reports on nursing practice into the educational setting and thereafter into practice.
Nursing is a practice profession: nursing education and staff development need to reflect this in every aspect. Many IOM and HMD reports relevant to nursing—especially those on quality issues—are platforms for improvements throughout health care practice, policy, and education. This book is based in large part on the author’s ongoing, first-hand conversations and collaborations with nurse educators, staff developers, and clinicians. It takes a real-world approach to implementing the IOM and HMD reports into modern nursing practice.
Learning IOM/HMD book is organized into IOM’s five core competencies for all health care professionals—patient-centered care, interprofessional teamwork, evidence-based practice, quality improvement, and informatics utilization. It features new and re-invigorated insights and ideas on why and how to understand the IOM and HMD reports and their recommendations individually and as a body of work.
Highlights of Learning IOM/HMD
- Summaries and analyses of the 26 most recent nursing-pertinent reports and their implications for nursing education, professional development, and practice
- A section on the connections between the IOM and HMD reports, ANA's current nursing scope and standards and the Code of Ethics for Nurses
- Full coverage of the 65 nursing-relevant IOM and HMD reports
- Shows students how to analyze any IOM or HMD report
Anita Ward Finkelman, MSN, RN, the co-author of the previous edition and author of other books and numerous journal articles, is a nurse educator and consultant with extensive nursing experience in clinical, educational, and administrative settings that inform her current focus on developing online courses, curriculum, and simulation learning products for continuing education, distance learning, and staff development. She continues her work in Israel, where she is Visiting Lecturer in the nursing department of the Recanati School for Community Health Professions of Ben-Gurion University of the Negev in Beersheba.
About the Book
eBook features and functionality: Links from each header in the Contents to its in-text occurrence... Active URLs... Home page is Contents page... Fully searchable.
ANA Digital Download Policy
The American Nurses Association holds the copyright on all published materials in print and electronic formats. In accessing an eBook from Nursesbooks.org, you have agreed to download the content for individual use only. After you purchase and download this title you:
- are allowed three days to download the eBook and only one download per book.
- are entitled to print the ANA eBook PDF for your own use.
- may not make multiple copies, broadcast, store (in any medium), transmit, display, adapt or modify in any way the content for any other purpose without prior written permission.
- may not lend, sell or give the ANA PDF eBook to another user.
- may not place the ANA PDF eBook file on a network or an file sharing service for use by anyone other than yourself or allow anyone else to access it.
All eBook purchases are final and non-refundable.
Multi-user Access (site licenses)
If you have questions about these restrictions or need further assistance, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download: Table of Contents - Learning IOM/HMD: Implications of the Institute of Medicine and Health & Medicine Division Reports for Nursing Education, 2nd Edition
Member Price: $22.95 | List Price: $27.95