New - eBook - Admit One: What You Must Know When Going to the Hospital—But No One Actually Tells You!
- ISBN: 9781558106567
- PUB# 9781558106567
Admit One: What You Must Know When Going to the Hospital—But No One Actually Tells You! explains—in plain language—everything to expect in the hospital environment. Whether it's you or a loved one who is being admitted, you can use this insider's guide to understand as much as possible about the culture of a hospital, how it functions, and what to expect of your health care providers.
After reading this book, you'll feel less intimidated and more in control of your care. All the things that doctors and nurses assume you know when you're admitted—but no one has actually told you—are outlined here.
This thorough and insightful publication will help you learn:
- The duties of each member of your health care team
- How your team works together to provide you with the best care possible
- How the various hospital units and patient equipment function
- What to expect from your nurses and what they expect from you
- The key questions you must ask and to whom you should direct them
And much more!
Kati Kleber, BSN, RN, CCRN, is a nationally certified critical care nurse in the Neurosciences Intensive Care Unit at Novant Health Presbyterian Medical Center in Charlotte, North Carolina. A veteran author and blogger on top nursing trends, Kati has been recognized by Charlotte Business Journal as “2015 Nurse of the Year” and is a recipient of the Great 100 Nurses of North Carolina award. Kati has also been a featured source across a number of media outlets, including CNN, The Dr. Oz Show, U.S. News & World Report, The TODAY show, and many more.
"With her insider info, Kati helps dispel some of the fear and worry that come with being admitted into the hospital. Admit One should be in every hospital admission packet across the country."
Donna Wilk Cardillo, RN, CSP
The Inspiration Nurse
Best-selling author, transformational keynote speaker
"Admit One is the road map to a speedy recovery. Kati Kleber offers a thorough overview of the hospital environment and reveals answers to the questions that everyone should ask before or after being admitted."
Brittney Wilson, BSN, RN
The Nerdy Nurse
Author, blogger, influencer
eBook features and functionality: Links from each header in the Contents to its in-text occurrence… Active URLs… Home page is Contents page… Fully searchable.
ANA Digital Download Policy
The American Nurses Association holds the copyright on all published materials in print and electronic formats. In accessing an eBook from Nursesbooks.org, you have agreed to download the content for individual use only. After you purchase and download this title you:
- Are allowed three days to download the eBook and only one download per book.
- Are entitled to print the ANA eBook PDF for your own use.
- May not make multiple copies, broadcast, store (in any medium), transmit, display, adapt or modify in any way the content for any other purpose without prior written permission.
- May not lend, sell or give the ANA PDF eBook to another user.
- May not place the ANA PDF eBook file on a network or an file sharing service for use by anyone other than yourself or allow anyone else to access it.
All eBook purchases are final and non-refundable.
Multi-user Access (site licenses)
If you have questions about these restrictions or need further assistance, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Book
127 pp., softcover
Download: Table of Contents - Admit One: What You Must Know When Going to the Hospital—But No One Actually Tells You! [PDF]
Member Price: $9.95 | List Price: $9.95