New - Nurse Staffing 101: A Decision-making Guide for the RN
- ISBN: 9781558104860
- PUB# 9781558104860
Also Contained In:
Nurse Staffing 101 Package
Nurses are often required to work long hours and night shifts. Increased workloads often lead to job-related burnout, job dissatisfaction, and increased risk for patient safety. As a nurse manager or charge nurse you are challenged with achieving appropriate levels of nurse staffing to achieve quality outcomes.
ANA’s new Nurse Staffing 101: A Decision-making Guide for the RN contains tools to help you develop effective and facility-specific approaches to optimal staffing decisions and plans. It covers the essential topics:
- Historical and political setting of safe staffing
- Workplace, safety, and quality considerations
- Examples of professional nursing practice models
- Staffing at the organizational level in terms of workload variances
- Current practices and possible solutions for determining and achieving the requisite staffing levels and measureable quality outcomes
As an added bonus, the guide contains a handy summary checklist, based on ANA’s Principles for Nurse Staffing (2012) to assist with the decision making process.
About This Book
Download: Table of Contents: Nurse Staffing 101: A Decision-making Guide for the RN [pdf]
Member Price: $11.95 | List Price: $14.95